Duration: 8 weeks
Evaluation is a necessary step for nurse educators to measure learning and teaching effectiveness within the educational environment. In NRHL 6647 Evaluation Strategies and Methods, you will explore strategies to assess learning within the cognitive, psychomotor and affective domains.
Along with weekly assignments and discussions, you'll complete 30 hours of a practicum experience with a selected preceptor. As you advance your clinical practice, you will apply your knowledge to continue developing an educational capstone project to improve healthcare outcomes.
What You’ll Learn in NRHL 6647
In this course, you will explore topics such as test construction, evaluation of personal teching effectiveness, program evaluation and accreditation processes as well as ethical and legal issues related to student evaluation.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Evaluation Models
- Learning Needs Assessment
- Simulation: Part 1
- Simulation: Part 2
- Nurse Residency Programs
- Academic Program Evaluation
- Multiple Choice Testing as a Means to Assess Learning
- Engaging and Inspiring Learners
Planning Your Time
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of NRHL 6647, you will be able to:
- Examine key components of the evaluation process and their interrelationships in the assessment of learners and achievement of learning outcomes.
- Conduct a needs assessment to identify practice gaps and educational needs of learners.
- Apply a variety of strategies for assessing and evaluating learning for diverse populations.
- Construct a simulation based experience to address learning needs and assess and evaluate learning outcomes.
- Analyze formative and summative assessment methods to promote and evaluate learning.
- Design tools to assess learning utilizing evidence-based principles of test construction and item development.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the role of regulatory and accrediting entities in assuring quality of nursing education programs through ongoing comprehensive evaluation.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information Today
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Nursing curriculum from Benedictine University, including Evaluation Strategies and Methods in Nursing Practice, call (866) 295-3104 to speak with a program manager or request more information.