This course builds upon the synthesis of prior knowledge and skills that promote the advancement of professional clinical nursing practice. The student applies nursing research and evidence-based practice to develop advanced clinical competency in a defined area of nursing practice. The course requires 70 practicum clock hours of clinical learning experience in the practice setting and the development of a nursing project proposal. Pre-requisites: NRHL 6647 or NRHL 6648. 3 semester hours
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Advanced Clinical Nursing Practicum Goals
- Reflection on Master’s Level Nursing Practice Competencies 1-4
- Reflection on Master’s Level Nursing Practice Competencies 5-8
- Part 1: Nursing Capstone Project Proposal and Poster Presentation
- Preceptor Feedback: Clinical Practicum Evaluation Tool and MSN Clinical Practicum Journal
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of NRHL 6653, you will be able to:
- Master nursing care delivery skills that build upon prior nursing knowledge and clinical practice.
- Synthesize new nursing knowledge and clinical skills that leads to proficiency in 15 master’s level clinical competencies articulated in The Essentials of Master’s Education.
- Integrate didactic learning, promote innovative thinking, and test new potential solutions to professional clinical nursing practice and healthcare system issues.
- Design innovative nursing practice interventions that translate evidence into practice.
- Advance a culture of nursing excellence through lifelong learning.
- Participate in interprofessional care teams that integrate care services across the healthcare system.
- Develop a nursing project proposal that addresses a practice or system issue.