Discover What's Next

Military Students

Benedictine University is grateful for the service of the men and women of the U.S. military. We offer special benefits to military members and their spouses, and also participate in a number of government programs that support veteran and active duty service member education.

Yellow Ribbon Program

Benedictine participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Degree-granting institutions of higher learning participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program agree to make additional funds available for your education program without drawing on your GI Bill entitlement. These institutions voluntarily enter into a Yellow Ribbon Agreement with the VA and choose the amount of tuition and fees that will be contributed. The VA matches that amount and issues payments directly to the institution.

Veterans Educational Benefits Checklist

Benedictine’s support staff can help you navigate the potential financial assistance you are eligible for as a service member or veteran. You must first apply for benefits directly with the VA by taking the following steps:

  1. Complete the VA Electronic Application.
    The application is online at:
    Once you are approved for benefits, the VA will issue you a Certificate of Eligibility within 90 days. Submit a copy of this certificate to the Office of Financial Aid.
    Note that you can also submit a copy of your online application to the Office of Financial Aid, and it will serve as initial certification documentation to start processing your aid request.
    Submit a copy of your DD214.
  2. Students who are no longer on active duty must submit a copy of their DD214 to the Office of Financial Aid.
  3. Complete and submit Benedictine’s VA Certification Request and Student Responsibility Certification form.
    Download the form here.
  4. Complete the Change of Program or Place in Training (Form 22-1995), if applicable
    If you have previously used VA benefits for attendance at another school, you must complete Form 22-1995 through the VA site and submit a copy to the Office of Financial Aid.

Frequently Asked Questions

x (x)