Duration: 8 weeks
Successful relationships are at the heart of organizational achievement. An effective leader builds relationships by recognizing the strengths and talents of both peers and subordinates. In NRHL 6622 Professionalism and Executive Career Development, you will focus on the knowledge, skills and tools to effectively coach and further the professional development of others within the healthcare organization.
You will discover that a professional career as a nurse executive requires thoughtful planning and strategic self-development. In this course, you’ll complete a comprehensive executive leadership career assessment, conduct a gap analysis and develop an executive career plan for your future.
What You’ll Learn in NRHL 6622
In this course, you will explore the concepts of professionalism, personal and professional accountability, transparency, advocacy and ethical standards.
Some of the major attributes used to characterize and describe the exceptional nurse executives in the healthcare system are visionary, scholarly, resilient, committed, courageous, responsive and transparent.
*Source: Syllabus, Overview and Objectives, Week 1
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Nursing as a Professional Career
- Leadership and Followership: Not One or the Other, Always Both
- Tools and Strategies for Effective Nurse Executive Leadership
- Executive Career Planning and Development
- Creating Organizational Cultures of Professionalism
- Organizational Politics
- Time for Self-Care
- Dreaming the Dream and Dancing the Dance
Planning Your Time
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of NRHL 6622, you will be able to:
- Analyze the nurse executive leader role in complex health care systems.
- Examine knowledge, skills and tools needed by the nurse executive leader to develop competency in leading, coaching and mentoring others.
- Articulate the nurse executive leader role in creating a culture of professionalism in health care organizations.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Complete a Nurse Executive Leader Strengths Assessment and Gap Analysis.
- Explore the political dynamics inherent in health care organizations.
- Develop a 5-year career plan in the role of nurse executive leader.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information Today
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Nursing curriculum from Benedictine University, including Professionalism and Executive Career Development, call (866) 295-3104 to speak with a program manager or request more information.