Duration: 8 weeks
As a nurse manager or nurse executive, you will be required to manage the financial operations within the healthcare organization.
In NRHL 6648 Financial Management and Resource Allocation, you will explore financial theories and strategies to advance your ability to oversee complex healthcare projects. You will explore a variety of financial principles, including the law of supply and demand, market efficiency and redistribution of resources. You’ll share your knowledge and insights with fellow classmates and your instructor through relevant weekly discussions.
What You’ll Learn in NRHL 6648
In this course, you will learn how to contribute to the ethical financial decisions of healthcare organizations. You’ll explore strategic financial planning, financial statement analysis, budgeting and financial decision-making strategies. You will also examine funding sources and constraints, reimbursement, cost containment and marketing.
NRHL 6648 emphasizes the importance of a strong working knowledge of financial and forecasting tools, key provider groups, service lines, economic principles and the interrelationship between healthcare quality, cost and access to services.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Foundations of Healthcare
- Financial Accounting
- Cost Analysis
- Strategic Management and Budgeting Concepts
- Budgeting Personnel Costs, Operating and Revenue Budgets
- Healthcare Budgeting and Preparation
- Managing Financial Resources
- Looking to the Future
Planning Your Time
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of NRHL 6648, you will be able to:
- Examine current health care reform efforts and the implications of legislation and public policy on the delivery of health care services.
- Analyze the relationship between applied economics and the concepts of quality, cost, and financing of health care.
- Describe the essential operational aspects of the budgeting process and organizational planning.
- Explore the interrelationship among leadership, strategic management, and organizational success.
- Discuss the role of nurse executive leader in the development of competitive nursing recruitment and retention strategies.
- Synthesize the essential financial components of health care as it relates to the management of human, financial, technological, and clinical resources.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information Today
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Nursing curriculum from Benedictine University, including Financial Management and Resource Allocation in Healthcare, call (866) 295-3104 to speak with a program manager or request more information.