Duration: 8 weeks
Often called the research-practice gap in the field of healthcare research, the time between discovery and practice can be as long as 15 years. Evidence-based practice (EBP) helps close that gap. In NRHL 5503 Evidence-Based Nursing Practice: Research and Process Improvement, you’ll gain the skills required to systematically research and evaluate current nursing knowledge to promote evidence-based nursing practice.
You will explore how research-based discoveries are improving healthcare. You’ll discuss research topics such as ethical and cultural issues, methodological procedures associated with scientific investigation and potential barriers to evidence-based practice. In addition, you will gain knowledge of how and why research is substantiated and understand the importance of timely implementation of nursing and healthcare advancements.
What You’ll Learn in NRHL 5503
In this course, you will critically analyze the current literature and proposed research methods, including quantitative and/or qualitative approaches to research, sampling procedures, data collection methods, and data analysis planning.
NHRL 5503 emphasizes an analysis of differing research paradigms, as well as current issues surrounding evidence-based research.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Evidence-based Practice and the Spirit of Inquiry
- Asking the Question
- Climate for Evidence-based Practice and Research
- Theoretical models for Evidence-based Practice
- Quantitative Research
- Qualitative Research
- Experiential Activity
- Ethical considerations, Funding, and Dissemination
Planning Your Time
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of NRHL 5503, you will be able to:
- Appraise a body of knowledge as a foundation for applying an evidence-based practice, and evaluate current nursing knowledge for scientific merit.
- Critically analyze a research study, related to your practice, using an evidence grid and a selected framework for research evaluation.
- Examine the ethical and cultural issues related to scientific investigation.
- Describe a supportive culture for evidence based practice and research, and frequently encountered barriers to implementation.
- Analyze the ongoing evolution of nursing knowledge and strategies to evaluate data in order to improve health outcomes, including the use information technology.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information Today
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Nursing curriculum from Benedictine University, including Evidence-Based Nursing Practice: Research and Process Improvement, call (866) 295-3104 to speak with a program manager or request more information.