Duration: 8 weeks
Nursing curriculums are influenced by the changing landscape of healthcare. The challenge for current and future educators is how to effectively address these ongoing changes. In NRHL 6645 Curriculum Development, you will explore curriculum development and the role of the nurse educator through the examination of a variety of conceptual frameworks relating to curriculum and instructional design.
What You’ll Learn in NRHL 6645
In this course, you will investigate the process of curriculum development, program evaluation, regulatory and accreditation standards and curriculum trends. You’ll also explore the components of course development, including course objectives, learning activities, teaching strategies and course evaluation.
NRHL 6645 will prepare you to take a leadership role in establishing evidence-based and cutting edge curricular changes in nursing education.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Curriculum Within a System
- Building a Curriculum
- Patient Education
- Evaluating Learning
- Interprofessional Education
- Professional Nursing Development
- Targeted Education
- Nurse Educator Career Plan
Planning Your Time
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of NRHL 6645, you will be able to:
- Investigate the dynamic relationship between systems, educational needs, and curricula.
- Analyze factors influencing curriculum design including common elements and processes.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment to meet the unique needs of learners.
- Design curricula for a variety of learners within differing learning environments.
- Utilize active teaching/learning strategies in course design to facilitate learning.
- Identify strategies to evaluate achievement of learning outcomes.
- Reflect on transformation as a master’s prepared nurse educator including factors associated with a Benedictine education that inform a five-year career plan.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information Today
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Nursing curriculum from Benedictine University, including Learning and Curriculum Development in Nursing Practice, call (866) 295-3104 to speak with a program manager or request more information.