Duration: 8 weeks
In MNGT 5101 Organizational Behavior, you will examine how organizations motivate individuals and teams to succeed while overcoming conflicts and change. Once completed, you will be able to outline organizational behavior trends, discuss ethical issues, and identify strategies to improve employee motivations through job design.
What You Will Learn in MNGT 5101
You will study the effects of organizational variables on individual and group behavior. Through coursework that addresses theory and practice, you will gain an understanding of how the everyday behavior of an organization's employees relates to effective team building, conflict management and resolution, as well as the negotiation of legal and psychological contracts. The course will also examine broader aspects of organizational culture and their impact on today's managers. Students will ultimately learn how to use concepts in the traditional workplace as well as the virtual workplace.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Organizational Behavior
- Resistance to Change
- Drivers to Performance
- The Relationship Between Motivation and Performance
- Cultural Differences
- Creative Thinking and Teams
- The Positive and Negative Effects of Power
- Handling Interpersonal Conflicts
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of MNGT 5101, you will be able to:
- Describe the major organizational behavior trends and discuss their effects on the workplace.
- Examine ethical and motivational issues.
- Identify strategies to improve employee motivation through job design.
- Identify the characteristics of self-directed work teams (SDWTs).
- Discuss conflict techniques in the workplace.
Request More Information Today
To learn more about the Master of Business Administration online curriculum from Benedictine University, including other courses in the Foundation Track, call (866) 295-3104 to speak with a program manager or request more information.
Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.