Dive into nutrition and its implications for health, wellness and fitness. This fully online masters nutrition program provides an in-depth education in key areas of nutrition science to advance or support a career in health promotion, health risk reduction, and client and community education.
The only one of its kind in the U.S., Benedictine University’s online Master of Arts in Nutrition and Wellness program provides students with a learning environment that encourages critical thinking; communicates comprehensive knowledge of the interrelationships of food, nutrition and health; and focuses on the development of ongoing professional skills that are necessary for becoming outstanding health professionals.
How Does the M.A. in Nutrition and Wellness Differ From Benedictine’s M.S. Option?
- The M.A. nutrition program emphasizes building and applying knowledge of research principles rather than completing original research.
- The M.A. program does not require a thesis. Students complete a capstone course that involves an in-depth examination of an appropriate subject via a literature review and professional communications.
- Graduates of the M.A. program earn two certificates: a Health Research Planning Certificate and a certificate of their choice.
Individuals in health and allied health professions, such as health educators, health coaches, wellness program coordinators, community nurses and fitness coaches, will find the online Master of Arts in Nutrition and Wellness program valuable for preparing effective, evidence-based programming as well as for professional development. Coursework provides the foundation to:
- Plan and design nutrition and wellness education or training programs for individuals or groups.
- Evaluate and apply research according to accepted practices and standards, and apply it to program planning.
- Effectively communicate nutrition information in a way that supports behavior change.
Students actively shape the curriculum to meet their own career goals through selection of one of three certificate options:
- Community Nutrition Engagement focuses on tailoring programs to the specific needs of communities and clients.
- Nutrition Entrepreneurship prepares students to establish and manage their own nutrition-related business or consultancy.
- Health Education and Promotion explores the design, development and evaluation of health education programs.
In addition, graduates of the online Master of Arts in Nutrition and Wellness program automatically earn a Health Research Planning Certificate to reflect their mastery of accepted research principles and practices.
Learn From Peers
Students move through the masters nutrition online in a cohort model, which supports interaction and discussion throughout the program as well as the development of professional connections.
Promote Healthy Communities
To learn how Benedictine University’s online Master of Arts in Nutrition and Wellness program can support a fulfilling career in nutrition and wellness, call (866) 295-3104 to speak with a Program Manager, or request more information.