Duration: 8 weeks
Welcome to your final course in the online Master of Science in Nursing program. In NRHL 635 Evidence-Based Nursing Practice, you will have the opportunity to continue applying the knowledge and skills learned throughout the program.
During the final eight weeks, you will complete 60 practicum hours engaging in activities to implement your capstone project and to determine if your project outcomes have been realized. In addition, you will engage in role immersion activities that align with your chosen concentration.
The format of this final course is different from previous courses. There are five discussion forums during Weeks 1, 3, 5, 7 and 8. There are no discussions during Weeks 2, 4 and 6, allowing you time to complete 60 practicum hours.
What You’ll Learn in NRHL 635
In this course, you will further develop the role components of the nurse educator or nurse executive with the guidance of a preceptor within a selected practicum setting. With the assistance of the faculty and preceptor, you’ll implement the capstone that demonstrates your cumulative learning, teaching or leadership abilities and professional growth. Your project demonstrates your ability to synthesize and apply the knowledge and skills acquired to improve health care outcomes.
This final project validates your ability to think critically and creatively, to solve practical problems and demonstrate mastery of the application of leadership or education skills.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Successes and Challenges of the Capstone Project
- Certification Examination
- Scholarly Endeavors in Professional Nursing Practice
- Final Reflections on Learning
Planning Your Time
*Source: Alumni Infographic.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of NRHL 635, you will be able to:
- Execute the role of nurse educator or nurse executive leader to implement and evaluate a plan to improve outcomes for a target audience or health care system.
- Collaborate with members of the educational or health care team to improve outcomes.
- Develop a plan to sufficiently prepare for the national certification exam of the selected concentration.
- Articulate to a variety of audiences the evidence base for practice decisions, including the credibility of sources of information and the relevance to the practice problem confronted.
- Critique professional growth and development throughout the capstone project, practicum and graduate student experience.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Request More Information Today
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Nursing curriculum from Benedictine University, including Evidence-Based Nursing Practice Capstone Project, call (866) 295-3104 to speak with a program manager or request more information.