Examine methods to enhance your online marketing performance through social media.
Duration: 8 weeks
Social media connects and reconnects people around the world. It’s free, it’s fast, and it’s fun. It’s also an incredible marketing channel. In MBA 595 Social Media Marketing, you will learn to identify and take advantage of the myriad of opportunities that await your business on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms. You will examine ways to locate your target audience, publicize your business and interact with your target. Three types of media should work together to advertise your business, capture new customers and build relationships with existing ones. Paid social ads should send prospects to your owned Facebook page, while earned media comes from public relations and recognition in the media that drives an audience to your owned site. You will learn to build a step-by-step marketing plan that uses all three media types to amplify and spread your message.
What You will Learn in MBA 595
According to Comscore, nearly 150 million users watch some 13 million videos each month. Integrating video is increasingly becoming an important part of the online marketing mix. You will see how to leverage YouTube as a social media marketing tool and learn about other available video options. From late night talk show excerpts to flash mob scenes, viral video is seen by millions of viewers. However, “going viral” takes more than a post or two. You will learn the ins and outs of a viral marketing campaign; including how to make sure it reaches a large audience, and how to measure its success. You will consider the pros and cons of several types of campaigns, including humor, debate, attack, scare, free, and ego. Blogs continue to gain traction in Internet marketing, where their value and authority factor pay dividends to companies that use them. In some ways, blogs give you an edge over a traditional site in terms of link building, keyword optimization, updated content, search engine indexing and credibility. You will evaluate methods for planning and maintaining a profitable blog.
Social media can be a strong marketing tool if approached strategically. You will do just that in this course project which tasks you to identify, propose, build, and present a robust social media marketing campaign.
From poor forum reviews to a complaint lodged in a Facebook post, your company’s reputation can suffer online. Bad press is easier to access on the Internet than offline. You will learn the value of addressing the concerns of unhappy customers up front. You will then see how to find and respond to negative reviews and comments about your company that appear online in order get ahead of them. You will view Facebook and other social networking sites as effective platforms for promoting your company. You will explore different options for social networking presence including design, promotion and optimization using ads, apps, and social plug-ins to expand your reach. You will also look at microblogging and evaluate the use of Twitter, from building your brand, to the key metrics that will work to your best advantage. As part of the course project, you can opt to complete the Market Motive Social Media Master Certification course.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to Social Media and Creating a Social Media Strategy
- Understanding Paid, Earned and Owned Social Media
- Campaign Execution and Viral Marketing
- Social Sharing and Blogging for Business
- Finding and Communicating with Your Influencers, Video and YouTube Advertising
- Social Networking, Facebook, Microblogging and Twitter
- Online Reputation Management
- Social Media Measurement and Analytics
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of MBA 595, you will be able to:
- Describe strategies and tactics for gaining visibility with the search engines.
- Develop strategy on how to design and build a well-conceived social media campaign from multiple angles, including writing, optimizing, and submitting keyword-focused press releases, using blogs effectively to drive traffic to your site or campaign, and engaging the blogging community to build brand awareness, inbound links, and website traffic.
- Assess the various social media outlets and how to use them to generate publicity.
- Select the appropriate social media software tools to drive traffic to your site as a part of your online marketing strategy.
- Comprehend how to measure campaign effectiveness and adjust accordingly.
Request More Information Today
To learn more about the online Master of Business Administration curriculum from Benedictine University, including Social Media Marketing, call (866) 295-3104 to speak with a program manager or request more information.
Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.