Transform your website visitors into satisfied customers through desired user actions.
Duration: 8 weeks
You’ve built your company’s website and now it’s up and running. It’s time to relax, right? Not so fast. An effective website is only as good as its metrics, and those can change in an instant. In MBA 592 Conversion Optimization, you will learn the importance of adopting an "always be testing" culture. You will become adept at using the effective and free tools available to you, such as Google’s Website Optimizer. These tools help you easily include a number of critical tests on your site.
Qualifying your website traffic lets you distinguish between browsers and visitors who are more likely to convert to customers. In addition, you will learn key qualification techniques. You will also explore customer personae, each of which has different goals. You will evaluate ways to build a site that will make each persona feel comfortable about becoming your customer. You will learn to create a testing structure, which will include goal definition, deciding what to test, results measurement, and quality evaluation of your landing pages.
What You Will Learn in MBA 592
You will also become comfortable using the Conversion Optimization Toolbox to help you evaluate, design, and test your pages. Once optimized, it’s vital that your site maintains momentum. Users need to stay immersed, and continue to return to, and move through the experience you’ve created. You will examine methods to keep your users engaged while building the user base.
You will build and analyze a test website using the 30 conversion influence factors outlined in “Always Be Testing,” prioritize your findings, and then design a complete testing approach for the “client” to use to improve conversion, based on your evaluation. You will compile the results and your recommendations into a presentation that details your analysis and recommendations for a six-month conversion strategy.
Ideally, a website is an interactive experience that keeps companies and customers in regular communication with each other. How you handle communication — from the quality of product copy to your response to complaints and from managing reviews to soliciting testimonials — has an effect on consumer perception. You will become familiar with critical online communication concepts. You will also consider web analytics and the importance of defining usable metrics as you see the importance of building analytics strategies on key performance indicators (KPIs). Social media trends play a significant role in online marketing and you will learn to understand and leverage them to maximize your website’s potential.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to Conversion Optimization
- Conversion Planning
- Conversion Design Concepts
- Creating Conversion Structure
- Building Momentum
- Engaging in a Dialog with Your Users
- Web Analytics and Measurement
- Taking Action with Conversion Strategies
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of MBA 592, you will be able to:
- Build a website with current best optimization practices.
- Modify an existing website with the goal of re-optimizing the site for better conversion opportunities.
- Design a website to optimize for the four basic customer personas.
- Describe the goals and expectations in website testing.
- Evaluate and modify landing pages for maximum effectiveness.
- Establish trust and credibility with website users.
- Evaluate and establish multiple levels of consistency across a website from advertising collateral.
- Describe classic customer motivation and keeping users engaged throughout the buying process.
Request More Information Today
To learn more about the online Master of Business Administration curriculum from Benedictine University, including Conversion Optimization, call (866) 295-3104 to speak with a program manager or request more information.
Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.