Global companies are continuing to expand internationally to promote and sell their goods and services. As a result, there is greater demand for professionals with the specialized knowledge to do business in other countries and cultures.
Benedictine University's MBA in International Business will prepare you for the fast-paced world of global commerce with a focus on the socio-economic, cultural, political and technological factors and risks that affect worldwide markets.
Your International Business MBA online degree can contribute to your success working for multinational corporations, non-governmental organizations, nonprofits and government agencies. With your understanding of multicultural values and norms as well as international trade and finance, you'll be positioned to overcome potential barriers, negotiate effectively and open doors to business in overseas markets.
The MBA in International Business Curriculum
The International Business concentration of the online MBA offers three concentration-specific courses in addition to your foundation and managerial online MBA courses, for a total of 64 credit hours:
- MBA 687 Multicultural Management:This course focuses on developing the cultural skills and sensitivity required to effectively manage a diverse workforce. You will also learn strategies for adapting to another country's business practices and cultural environment. Topics include global management styles, cross-cultural negotiation and decision-making, and the formulation and implementation of global operations strategies.
- MBA 686 International Marketing: In this course, you will learn how to apply marketing principles and concepts across national borders by examining several key variables of the international environment, such as competition, politics, laws and consumer behavior. Other areas of focus include the strategic role of the global marketing manager, how to develop an international marketing plan that matches a firm’s capabilities and strategic goals, whether to adapt or standardize company marketing strategy, methodologies for selecting appropriate and effective foreign markets and the effect of a foreign country’s economic situation on marketing strategy.
- MBA 619 International Economics and Finance: This course focuses on financial management of the multinational corporation (MNC) in an international economic setting: the foundations of international financial management, world financial markets and institutions, and global macroeconomic theory. Basic concepts of international finance and economics as well as the practical side of international portfolio investments and asset management are presented, with emphasis on managerial perspective and analysis. You will also earn about modern theories of international trade and current issues in selected areas of international finance.
Why Choose Benedictine's International Business MBA Program Online?
By earning your master’s in International Business online at Benedictine, you can take advantage of all the benefits Benedictine University provides, such as:
- Personal attention and interaction, including access to dedicated advisors.
- A degree from a top-tier, private university with a tradition of academic excellence for more than 127 years.
- Classes that are fully online so you can schedule your coursework according to your personal and professional commitments.
Have questions about whether the International Business concentration is right for you? Request more information today or call (866) 295-3104 today to speak to an Admissions Advisor.