Benedictine's online MBA in Finance will teach you how to analyze and interpret financial information from a managerial perspective. The Financial Management curriculum will help you build a solid understanding of managerial finance through a systematic approach to:
- Financial analysis.
- Assessing a business’s stability and profitability.
- Allocation of assets and liabilities.
- Applying techniques for planning, forecasting and managing finances and investments.
- Evaluating and recommending ways to improve your organization's financial performance and portfolio.
Arm Yourself With the Skills Needed to Lead in Finance Today
Finance professionals are seeing a rise in prominence in organizational decision making. Earning your MBA provides you with a big-picture view of the business, the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and proficiency in the soft skills today’s employers are seeking from financial leaders.
Earning your MBA improves your chances of getting a promotion or pay increase. It could also create new opportunities for you with perhaps some of the biggest names in business. And as you build your professional network throughout your student career, those contacts will benefit you for years to come.
Earn Your Degree in as Little as One Year
Demand for financial analysts, planners and managers is growing faster than many other professional fields. If you choose to pursue Benedictine’s accelerated MBA, you could complete the program and be on your way to better economic opportunities in as little as one year.
The Online Financial Management Concentration Curriculum
The MBA Financial Management concentration requires three concentration-specific courses along with your foundation and managerial MBA courses, for a total of 16 courses.
- MBA 603 Cost Analysis, Profit Planning and Control
This course covers profit planning, strategy and the behavioral aspects of accounting. You will work on developing the insight and analytical skills to design, implement and employ control mechanisms to successfully pursue your organization’s business strategies. Class material emphasizes current trends that face business enterprises’ global strategies such as transfer pricing, preparing business plans, development of management control systems and management compensation.
- MBA 604 Theory and Practice of Financial Reporting
In this course, you will focus on the theory and practice behind the preparation and use of financial statements, including the balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows. You will develop an understanding of the significance and limitations of the information in financial statements, as well as the impact of decisions made as a result of those statements on the investing public. The course is an invaluable tool for those pursuing careers in accounting and finance as well as business professionals who require a sophisticated knowledge of the nuances of financial statements to enhance the overall decision-making process.
- MBA 653 Investment Theory and Portfolio Management
This course applies modern capital market theory to investment analysis and portfolio management. Topics include risk and return measurement, evaluation of portfolio performance, efficient market theory and pricing of call options, corporate bonds and equity.
Why Choose Benedictine's MBA in Finance Online?
Earning an MBA in Finance online from Benedictine University can help position you for possible advancement and improve your marketability in an evolving job market. Your business administration master’s in finance enables you to take advantage of all the benefits offered by a well-respected university:
- Classes are fully online so you can schedule your coursework around your personal and professional commitments.
- Small class sizes allow personal attention and interaction.
- A degree from a top-tier, private university1 with an acclaimed academic history that spans more than 127 years.
- Access to the career resources at Benedictine’s virtual career center, including resume preparation, job boards, tips for successful job interviews, and more.
- Learn from faculty members who are seasoned veterans of the business and finance industries.
Want to learn more about our online MBA in Financial Management? Request more information today or call (866) 295-3104 today to speak to an Admissions Advisor.