- Private, not for profit, Roman Catholic University founded in 1887
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) since 1958
- Benedictine heritage promotes inclusive learning experiences for our diverse student body
- Academic focus on liberal arts and professional education encourages students to become active, informed, responsible citizens and servant leaders in the world community
- Total active alumni: 27,495
- Number of states/foreign countries of origin represented: 50/16
About our campus and surrounding area
- 108-acre wooded campus located 25 miles west of downtown Chicago, a world-renowned hub for sports, arts, entertainment, and culture
- There are currently 33 Fortune 500 companies in Illinois 1
- Illinois is home to 38 magnet hospitals – more than any other state in the U.S. Magnet hospital status is an award given by the American Nurses' Credentialing Center (ANCC) to hospitals that meet extremely high standards for nursing programs. 2
What our students are saying 3
- Overall, 90.9% of graduates were very satisfied or satisfied with their overall experience as an online student at Benedictine University
- Students average 11-20 hours of time per week dedicated toward coursework
- About 84% of online Benedictine University graduates work full-time
- In 2014, The Chronicle of Higher Education ranked Benedictine University as the No. 1 fastest-growing campus in the country among private nonprofit doctoral institutions between 2002 and 2012.
- Forbes Magazine named Benedictine among "America's Top Colleges" for the fourth consecutive year in 2015.
- U.S. News & World Report consistently lists Benedictine University among the best colleges and universities in the nation and recognizes Benedictine University for campus ethnic diversity. For 2015, Benedictine was named to its list of "Best Online Bachelor's Programs," "Best Online Graduate Business Programs," and "Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs."
- Named to Military Advanced Education's 2014 "Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities" list.
Business Program Rankings
- Benedictine's Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is listed by Crain's Chicago Business as the fifth largest in the Chicago area in 2015.
- Graduateprograms.com ranked Benedictine University's online MBA and online Public Health programs among the best in the nation in the fall of 2014.
Health Program Rankings
- TheBestColleges.org ranked Benedictine No. 1 in the nation for online master’s degrees in health administration and health care management; third among the top online Catholic Colleges and Universities, online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs and online colleges for accounting degrees; and fifth in the nation for online Master of Public Health (MPH) programs for 2014.
- Publichealthonline.org ranked Benedictine University on its list of Best Online MPH programs for 2015.
- Lisle, Illinois - main campus
- Springfield, Illinois - branch campus
- Mesa, Arizona - branch campus
- Naperville, Illinois - Moser Center for Adult and Professional Studies
- 42 additional Illinois class sites
- 8 class sites in China
- 2 class sites in Vietnam
3 Annual Benedictine University Online Alumni Survey